Weeks later...

Okay, so I've been slow to update the blog. I've been a little busy attending parents' meetings for each of the children's new classes and cleaning up and handing over files to this year's school district neighborhood safety committee and our building's next management committee treasurer. After the annual owners' meeting on May 21st, my treasurer duties will be a thing of the past. I managed to avoid being selected for any school, building or neighborhood committees this year (April to April) although a few of the moms in J's class kept looking at me with hopes that I'd volunteer for one of the jr. high school PTA committees. I apologized to the PTA VP who presided over the class meeting (her daughter went to kindergarten with J and I've been on committees with her in the past, so she had been hoping I'd jump on board this year) and explained about my ongoing treatment. She hadn't heard and she was very understanding and sympathetic.

On Saturday April 15, I handed over the reins of the elementary school district neighborhood safety committee to the new leader of our quarter of the district and came home to quickly make lunch and a big pot of curry for the kids to eat for dinner while I went out with some moms from the former kindergarten graduation committee to see the Japanese version of the Broadway production of Disney's Lion King. One of the moms had purchased reserved seating tickets for that day way back in November so staying well so I could go with the group had been a goal for me. Before I could make lunch, S suggested that I take the kids to the fairly new Thai/Indonesian/Indian restaurant down the street for their lunch buffet. Curry for lunch, curry for dinner. There were no complaints as they all like curry and the restaurant has very good naan.

S was a little surprised when I got dressed up and walked out the door a little before 3 to meet my friends and proceed downtown for the 5p.m. show. The show was impressive, especially from our seats in the sixth row. It was long though, so I came right home afterward instead of going out for dinner with the "girls" when we returned to our neighborhood a little before 10 p.m. as I hadn't left anything (other than curry) for S to eat or drink after his classes finished at 10. He seemed surprised again that I was home before he was.

The Tuesday after that was my 2nd Docetaxel chemo session which went as well as the first. Only six more to go, five after tomorrow. The kids have a 5 day weekend coming up so I hope that tomorrow's treatment goes as well as the first two.

(A quick spelling check revealed that "blog" is not in the Microsoft dictionary...)