2.17.2008

Not much happening

I've had a cold three weekends in a row and spoke with my oncologist about it between the second and third times. My white blood cell count is still plenty high, which is good in terms of treatment. I just come into contact with too many people I suppose. We did speak about taking a break from the Taxol (chemotherapy) part of the regime from March or April and staying on the cancer supressing Herceptin as a QOL decision (quality of life).

I'm looking forward to seeing Mrs. Y, my former host mother, on Tuesday after treatment and then will going in a little later than usual the next Tuesday as my downstairs neighbor has her quarterly appointment and would like to travel there with me. The trains are less crowded after 9 a.m. but the wait for a chair or bed for the I.V. may be a little longer. This shouldn't be a problem though, as it is my "Herceptin only" day this month and the I.V. itself will only take an hour or ninety minutes instead of three hours. We can chat if she finishes before I do and then come home together.

1 comments:

WendyJI said...

In the midst of our move, I wanted to know that I've been thinking about you a lot, Kathy.

Many hugs,
Wendy J. I.