3.28.2006

Spring Break

L graduated from kindergarten on the 17th and J's elementary school graduation was held on the 24th so we are well into spring break. The cherry trees in the park near our house bloomed yesterday morning and will probably shed their petals in tomorrow's predicted rain so we're going to spend the afternoon there today.

Yesterday I left a pot of curry for S and the kids to eat with rice from the rice cooker for lunch so I could take the train downtown and meet two very pleasant women from Caz for a morning strolling through the Meiji Shrine compound and gardens. It was very enjoyable to get out and about. I even got to do a little shopping in Harajuku as I didn't have 4 kids to worry about in the spring break crowds of young people shopping for the latest fads and fashions. My purchases? Two handkerchieves from the Japanese equivalent of a Dollar shop.

0 comments: